Woman in coma after drinking Jungle Juice

An Australian woman was flown to Royal Darwin Hospital from Bali in a coma after drinking a toxic cocktail which has killed at least four foreigners. The drink is labeled “jungle juice” and is found at bars and cafes around Bali and Lombok. Jamie Johnston, 25, of Newcastle, is struggling to speak, can barely walk and her legs are severely burnt from the inside out.

Doctors suspect the drink to be laced with the chemical methanol sometimes used in the local brew arak, a distilled palm wine.

Read more here. 

More on Indonesia here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s