The main strip running parallel to the beach on Cenang is everything but a nice place to hang out.
Here is a video of the beach before everyone descends on this packed stretch of sand. If you are wondering – the water is not crystal clear, it is not even clear.
On Cenang Beach in Langkawi you will find both luxury accommodation and backpacking dumps ranging in average price from MYR 1500 to MYR 60.
Travellers who favour the sound of silence can book an AirAsia X Quiet Zone seat on long-haul flights from February. Rows seven to 14, directly behind premium class, is the dedicated zone. Seats here don’t cost extra, beyond the “pick-a-seat” fee of 35 ringgit ($11) for economy seats and 110 ringgit for “hot seats” the airline already charges passengers. Under-12s are not allowed in rows seven to 14.
If you want to cycle Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, India and Nepal and need information then this blog has most of the info you will need. Happy cycling!
When we walked around Kuantan city in Malaysia we came across these wonderful shop names. They really do inspire to open up the wallet and go crazy.
KKK Shoe Centre
Fook Yew shop (fuck u)
It is very hard to come up with the perfect top-five as there are so many factors to consider. We decided to just go with our gut feeling as its based on first hand experience instead of conducting an empirical study. We will scribble down some more top-fives as we go along.
1. Koh Wai, Thailand – a gem in the Koh Chang archipelago.
2. Perhentian islands, Malaysia – truly white and powdery beach.
3. Pulau kapas, Malaysia – endless and empty it embraces the island.
4. Kuta Lombok, Indonesia – underdeveloped and pristine.
5. Nha Trang, Vietnam – a taste of Europe in Asia.
1. Singapore – both bargain prices and high-roller tags.
2. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – clean, organised and easy to find your way.
3. Bangkok, Thailand – bargain hunters Mecka.
4. Hoi An, Vietnam – dream for tailor shopping.
5. Phuket, Thailand – growing into a shopping princess.
1. Singapore – from fast food to Asian delights.
2. Dalat, Vietnam – cheap but with expensive taste.
3. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – this city has it all.
4. Bangkok, Thailand – good mix of Asian and global foods is available.
5. Luang Prabang, Laos – charming eateries and French inspired food.
More top-five will be published soon.